<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11478816\x26blogName\x3dWinds+of+Change+in+the+Middle+East?\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://marsden.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://marsden.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-1649184724542363484', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Blog update

Alright, I am back. I was told today by someone that they couldn't view the blog because they got codes whenever they visited... I have that problem when I visit the blog with Mozilla Firebird, but not with Internet Explorer. However, I can usually see the page after refreshing it a couple of times. I am guessing it is due to the commenting system (Haloscan) I installed. I will look into this and try to fix it, but until then, I recommend that you use Internet Explorer when visiting the blog. I might have to remove Haloscan to see if that is what is causing the problem. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Edit 1: I have now removed Haloscan. I have changed the settings for the commenting, so you will be able to comment in a pop-up box instead of going to another page. Anonymous comments are enabled too.

Edit 2: I've been doing some "trackback", thinking about when was the first time I started having this problem with my blog, and I realised that the culprit might be the Google Ads at the top of the page... I have no idea where those came from! It wasn't there a month ago, but now all my pages have that at the top... I don't think it's part of my web host, and it can't be from blogger/blogspot. So I have no clue if and how I can remove it! I shall have to look into this. Hrmm..

Edit 3: I just found out that my web host is responsible for the Google ads... They added them without any warning or notice. How nice. Well, I'm afraid I will have to live with it until I get a paid-for website (which I will get when I move back home, most probably). So for now, refreshing the site once or twice will work. It's annoying, I know, but what can I do...

Comments:
test.
 
test....
 
Another test.

This works just fine. :)
 
I got here! Thanks for letting me know about the refresh thing. I am reading - trying to learn... You know me - dumb and curious!
 
Hello! :) Nice to see you here! :) My posts are usually mostly critical of "Israel" and its allies, but I have also been trying to post more about the hypocrisies of the Arab countries as well. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Canon Camera